The 888 Group
The 888 Group is headquartered in Gibraltar. Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Limited ("Cassava") exists within the 888 Group and is the owner and operator of the 888sport.com Internet site. Cassava also operates www.888.com - an online venue for casino, poker and bingo games.
Cassava offers sports betting services and the casino, poker and bingo games under licenses issued by the Government of Gibraltar. The 888 Group has other offices around the world and employs over 880 full time members of staff.
Listed on the London Stock Exchange
In September 2005, the Group's holding company, 888 Holdings PLC, completed a successful initial public offering of its shares, which were admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange. Since that time, the 888 Group has continued to grow and embrace new fields in the online gaming industry, especially sports betting.
Sports are our passion
We have always shown strong support for international sport by actively sponsoring teams and events. We are proud to be the main sponsor of the Sevilla Football Club.
Our other sponsorships include:
- Sponsor of World Snooker (2006 – 2008)
- Shirt sponsorship of Middlesbrough Football Club (2004-2007)
- Title sponsor of the Premier League Darts (2005)
- Sponsorship of 12-times World Darts Champion, Phil Taylor (since 2003)
- Associate sponsor of the British Superbikes Championship (2005)
- Sponsorship of the World 8-Ball Pool Championships, 8-Ball International Pool Masters, 9-Ball World Pool League and 9-Ball World Pool Masters.
...transaction security and online privacy
We process thousands of secure transactions every day. The Group's credit card processing is handled by a Group company called Intersafe Global Limited, a leading online transaction provider. Intersafe Global Limited uses the most advanced SSL and PGP protocols, as well as public/private key encryption to guarantee data transfer security. All credit card details are stored on servers protected by the latest firewall security to prevent unauthorized access.
...responsible betting, and fair play
We have implemented a number of measures to address the problem of compulsive betting, which include:
- Prohibiting anyone under the age of 18 to transact with us.
- Allowing members to set a limit on the amount they deposit.
- Allowing members to exclude themselves from our services and take a cooling-off period.
- Training our employees to recognize compulsive of underage gambling, and to take appropriate action when such problems are identified.
We hold responsible gaming certification from GamCare and the International Gaming Council (IGC).